YouTube Level Up: Modern And Cleaner Material Design Makeover
Google is testing a new material design for YouTube. It might be released in the coming weeks. The new design is fantastic and looks flatter and cleaner.
According to 9 to 5 Google, there is a new toolbar that features a search box that is visible across all YouTube Pages. There are also an upload icon and overflow menu with options to modify the country and the language, send feedback, restore the "classic interface," turn on/off restricted mode and access help. To the left is the hamburger menu that slides out with links to Trending, History, Home, Movies, Music, Gaming and other categories.
The new home page has a bigger video preview. There are also suggested channels now that are loaded as you scroll down.
The upper half of the channel page is totally redesigned. The channel icons are now rounded with subscriber count, name and the subscriber button is notably shown under a header image that expanses the full width of the screen.
The info and buttons below the video player are reorganized but its interface remains unchanged. If you are watching a video in theater mode, the toolbar will turn into black so that you can focus more on the video.
YouTube is modernizing it looks yet considering its functionality. The site is the second top website all around the globe next to Google. It is good to see that YouTube is redesigning its site to a more functional and cleaner site.
As of now it is still being examined by Google, but you can check it out already. BGR shares the following steps to enable it. Get a glimpse of it.
1. Go to https://www.youtube.com/?gl=US
2. Click "More Tools" and open the developer tools (ctrl +shift+i)
3. Open the "Resources" button and delete the VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie for the YouTube domain
4. Go to the "Console" tab and define the VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie using the command below:
5. Lastly, reload the page. Be sure that you are signed out to your Google Account. The new design will only be displayed if you are not signed into your Google Account.